Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Best of Friends

To catch up with an old friend is like revising a picture album with your best memories posted on the pages. I love when I get to talk about old memories with the people I have known forever. Tonight I had dinner with one such friend. We were able to talk about so many times in our life that nobody else would understand. We laughed and reflected on our high school days that we will remember forever. We also made plans for the summer that lies so soon ahead of us during which we will make more memories to look back on in the future. These are the friends that will last a lifetime. They are the ones that accept your faults and celebrate your talents. They know who you are, inside and out. The crazy thing about the friend I had dinner with tonight is that I probably spend the least amount of time with her out of anyone in my group of friends. But it is because I know how strong our relationship already is that I can be secure in our friendship and not feel like I have to talk to her everyday in order to remain close. Sometimes the best friendships are the ones that can allow a little bit of distance without really feeling far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment