Thursday, April 14, 2011

Half-Way Done

I attended the Honors Convocation this morning for an extra credit assignment. As I was taking notes on the main speaker, it all kinda just hit me. I have two more years until I graduate this place. I am half-way done with school. Forever. I realize how quickly I try to rush through the weeks, to get to the next test, the next paper, the next project. But if I keep on pressing through as fast as I am trying, I feel as though I will look back and regret not truly taking my time. Not only will I be leaving college when I graduate, but I'll also be leaving Texas. This place has really become a second home. It has put me through some of the most strenuous trials of my life and then lifted me back up to learn lessons that I never would have learned had I not come here. This place has become my adventure. It's a test that I try to do well in every day. I know I belong in California, but Fort Worth was the one place that I chose to live in all by myself. I am truly proud of the progress I have made and the life that I'm leading. I have two more years to continue to build my character and my intelligence so that when I put in that cap and gown, that I saw so many smiling students in today, I can be sure that I have taken my time here in Texas and really lived every college day of mine to it's fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment