Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Now vs. Then

It has only been two years since I entered this campus as a freshman and in that short time, countless things have changed. I have an entirely different group of friends. People who I thought I'd know forever have seeped out of my life like sand through my fingers. Just one summer passed and all of a sudden, freshman friends become classroom acquaintances, people you only say hi to if you have to. My career goals have been established and I now work towards those goals everyday. Life isn't just about being popular or cool or building a reputation. My days are actually centered abound learning more about what I want to do with my future and making true, valuable friends to make memories with along the way. I no longer go out and try to meet new guys. I am lucky enough to be in love with someone from my hometown and the social pressures of impressing the opposite sex have vanished. I am more secure, more careful, more aware. I think before I say something. I aim to try my hardest at the things that actually matter. I finally feel like I know who I am and who God wants be to be. My future is unknown, but my present is secure. I am on this path and have gone through so much already in only two years. I can not wait to see what the next two bring and how much more I will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment