Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Facebook Phenomenon

We are a Facebook generation. Who would have guessed that something like social media would become such an addicting phenomenon?  I have logged on just to check my Newsfeed somewhere around 10 times today. It's sad  that we become so interested in the pictures, comments, statuses, and posts of the public. But it is also a connection tool. I still keep in touch with many friends from high school through Facebook. I love to see what they're up to, how they're doing. But it can go too far. When you search the friend of a friend of a friend because you heard she was wearing the same dress as you three weeks ago and you want to see who wore it better, that's obsession. Sometimes I'll find myself on a random person's page, someone I have never met and I'll stop and ask myself, "Do I really care?" I become embarrassed at my waste of time and try to limit my usage. Will our children use Facebook someday? What will the world of social media look like when the next generation of college students are online? I can only imagine..

No comments:

Post a Comment