Saturday, April 23, 2011

Move Out

Today I moved half of my stuff out of my room. I had mounds and mounds of clothes piled on my bed, spilling out of boxes and on the floor of my closet. I made a large pile of stuff I wanted to donate, a stack of things to send home, and another bag full of shirts to give my little sister. Every shirt I went through had a story, a memory linked to it that I instantly recalled as I went through them. How do we accumulate so much stuff? I feel like I get rid of so many things at the end of each year but then I just buy more and more and once again it all piles up. I can't wait until I move in into my new apartment next year and get rid of even more of my clothes. But I am sure that I will have twice the amount of summer purchases to fill the space and the cycle will start once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment