Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Away

This is the first Easter weekend that I have ever been away from my family. I am one of the few kids who stayed at school and the empty parking lot view from my window is a little sad. I wanted to go home so badly, but as summer break is less than two weeks away, I understand why I am not. The good thing is I still have three of my California friends here to keep me company and celebrate Easter morning with. It's funny, growing up and growing away from things like Easter egg hunts that seemed so important at the time. I would look forward to the huge brunch, cards, gifts, and of course my Easter basket that I would find in my room every year. But now, the only thing that seems important about Easter is seeing my family and going to church with them. That is how you know you are getting older - the holidays start to mean more than just the stuff that comes with them. They mean family get-togethers and spending time with the ones you love. I can't wait for summer to be one giant Easter weekend where I can do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment