Thursday, April 21, 2011

"What most pleases the Lord"

"For you were once in darkness but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord." (Eph.5:8-9)
What about my life pleases the Lord? Answering this question, I believe, is one of our missions  as Christians. To depict what it is about ourselves that God loves and to keep doing it. Are we listeners, always at the side of our friends, lending an ear when they need it? Are we advisers, lending advice and instruction to those who seek council? I have yet to determine what it is about my life that most pleases the Lord. But I do know the feeling of when He approves of something in me. I get that overwhelming feeling of happiness and accomplishment that has an addictive taste about it. I know that whenever that pure sense of joy is present in my life that it couldn't be coming from anywhere but the Lord. That is what I want to do with my life. I want to take that feeling and invest it into things that bless Him in return. Will it be through my job? Through my family life? Through the way I treat my friends, acquaintances, or even strangers or the poor? I am not yet sure, nor do I know if it will only be one of these things. All I know is that it is my responsibility to find out and keep doing what pleases God most.

No comments:

Post a Comment