Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

I love Easter. I love the pastel colors, the big bows, the kids running around all dressed up. I love the Easter church service, the family brunches, the candies and the egg hunts. I even had a good Easter myself this year despite being away from my family. I woke up and went to church with two of my best friends. We then had lunch at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. It was not your typical Easter celebration, but I still had a great morning and focused on the real reason for Easter. Our pastor retold the story of how Jesus rose from the tomb and how, as Christians, we have a responsibility to decide what this means to us. I liked this challenge and have been thinking about this all day. God really did have a reason for me being separated from my family this Easter; He wanted me to draw nearer to Him instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment